Dear Spark and C4D Community Owners,
Happy New Year! We are reaching out with important news: The Jive platform which supports Spark and C4D will be retired by the end of FY18.
A quick look back…as we move forward
Some of you may remember that Spark/C4D was originally slated for retirement in 2016. In 2018, the landscape has changed and there are now better integrated, flexible new tools – available on any device – to keep us connected and engaged. This is not a one-size-fits-all world, so we will help you find the best option for your collaboration goals.
What do you need to know?
- You will still be able to connect, collaborate, and engage with others – but with easier, more mobile-friendly tools
- All Spark/C4D sites will be archived, so no information will be lost
- Active Spark/C4D sites will be transitioned (an “active” site is one that has been updated in 2016-2017, contains more than 20 pieces of content, and has received more than 100 unique visits in total)
- The Intranet Support team will help you throughout the process, with communication and training every step of the way
Why is this happening?
- To provide mobile-friendly, easy-to-use, cloud-based collaborative solutions
- To streamline and modernize the World Bank’s digital workplace
- To save costs and improve value for money by leveraging our Microsoft solutions
For more information
We have set up a new resource, Transitioning Spark, to help you with this change. This is a Yammer Group, one of the new collaboration solutions currently being piloted by ITS. We invite you to join this social networking platform and try this new way of engaging with each other and the support team. It is ideal for sharing information and expertise with others in the organization – and great for communities of practice.
Visit Transitioning Spark, log in with your WBG email and Windows password, and click on the “Join Group” button. Don’t forget to ask questions and share your feedback while you’re there.
Support and next steps
We are here to help you every step of the way. Please reach out to our dedicated support team (email@example.com) any time, and stay tuned for more details, coming soon!